Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A New Start at the end of an Old Year

Here I am at the end of 2009 with far less than 365 photos posted! All I can say, is that I will try harder in 2010! I will begin again right now!

It's interesting to me how my participation in a simple "photo-a-day" project can reveal so much about me to myself. Most likely, the things that it reveals to me are already clearly visible to those who know me. The most prominent revelation, perhaps not a revelation so much as a reminder, is that I have a hard time finishing the things that I start. I get all strarry eyed and excited in the beginning but as soon as the adrenalin has passed and I am not longer riding on momemtum, I lose interest. Is everyone like that? And most of them have simply accepted the reality and learned to discipline themselves to the end? Or am I "special" ? (grin) I think not. In any case, God's mercies are new every morning and so should my own mercies be for my, as yet, undisciplined self!

Lam 3:22-23
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.KJV

No comments: